Today, April 29, 2014, a lawsuit has been filed by CHRISTOPHER J. HUPY and THOMAS BRET HAGGERTY alleging King County Judges have diverted public assets in the following manner.
66. Monthly (at least) Meetings of the King County BAR Association are held at the King County Courthouse, no fee is collected for use of this space. This diversion of resources has been ongoing for years, if not decades.
67. Technical support is provided by the King County IT Department professionals at the direction of the Actors of King County Superior Court. No fee has been collected for this service, to the financial benefit of the KCBA.
68. Judicial Intellectual Property is provided by the Actors of KCSC to the financial benefit of the KCBA and its members, while depriving the public of same.
69. The Actors of King County Superior Court have exposed the public to liability, risk, and harm by providing liability insurance for these meetings of the KCBA, due to possible physical injury at the King County Courthouse, all to the financial benefit of the KCBA.
70. Plaintiffs and/or the Public have historically been denied access to these meetings, to the harm of the public and the benefit of the KCBA. See Plaintiffs affidavits in support of Complaint attached as Exhibits D and E.
71. Actors of King County Superior Court have denied the public access to meeting information and/or records of meetings to the financial benefit of the KCBA and detriment of the public.
Mr. Hupy and Haggerty claim this diversion of public assets to a “private entity”, the King County Bar Association, violates Article 8 Section 5 of the Washington State Constitution declares CREDIT NOT TO BE LOANED. The credit of the State shall not, in any manner be given or loaned to, or in aid of any individual, association, company or corporation and Article 4 Section 13 of the Washington State Constitution declares in part SALARY OF JUDICIAL OFFICERS “No Judicial Officer, except for Commissioners and unsalaried Justices of the Peace, shall receive to his own use any fee’s or perquisites of Office.”
The KINGS of the King County Superior Court listed in the complaint are Judges:
SUSAN CRAIGHEAD, PALMER ROBINSON, MARIANE SPEARMAN, JIM RODGES, J. WESLEY SAINT CLAIR, PATRICK H. OISHI, RICHARD MCDERMOTT, MICHAEL TRICKEY, SUSAN AMINI, BETH ANDRUS, MONICA BENTON, ELIZABETH BERNS, BILL BOWMAN, TIMOTHY BRADSHAW, REGINA CAHAN, GREG CANOVA, CHERYL CAREY, JAMES CAYCE, JOHN H. CHUN, ANDREA DARVAS, WILLIAM DOWNING, THERESA DOYLE, JOAN DUBUQUE, RICHARD D. EADIE, BRIAN GAIN, JULIA GARRATT, HELEN HALPERT, BRUCE HELLER, HOLLIS HILL, LAURA INVEEN, RONALD KESSLER, BARBARA LINDE, DEAN LUM, BARBARA MACK, LEROY MCCULLOUGH, LAURA GENE MIDDAUGH, DOUGLASS NORTH, SEAN O’DONNELL, SUZANNE PARISIEN, KIMBERLY PROCHNAU, JEFFREY RAMSDELL, JUDITH RAMSEYER, JEAN RIETCHEL, MARY E. ROBERTS, ROGER ROGOFF, JOHN R. RUHL, CAROL SHAPIRA, KEN SCHUBERT, CHATHERINE SHAFFER, LORI-KAY SMITH, JULIE SPECTOR, MARY YU and any unknown 1 to 30 JOHN AND/OR JANE DOE(S) at this time. HEREAFTER COLLECTIVELY REFFERED TO AS “JUDICIAL ACTORS”,
+++++++++++++ MORE TO FOLLOW +++++++++++++++